Sunday, September 6, 2015

Strong minds & hard heads.

I have been told many times through out my life span that I am extremely  hard headed. This doesn't just come from friends or boyfriends, I heard it from my parents as well. I was warned that if I didn't change or learn to be laid back, I wouldn't have many friends nor would I ever have a successful relationship. (Funny how that apple fell right under that tree). Is it true? Yes. I am hard headed and once I get an idea about myself or something that I think should have a high opinion, I don't let go for anyone. Perfect way of staying out of trouble in high school but in the real world, sometimes you have to learn to bend. 
I'm not saying that since everyone I know is out hardcore partying, then I should be doing the same because I'll be alone if I don't, I'm saying that sometimes you have to open up to other's ideas. Learn something, maybe try new ways of thinking. It's still a hard concept for me. I pride myself on independent thought. But how else would I ever be able to say, I completely understand, or can relate if I never see anyone else's point of view.? 

No comments:

Post a Comment