Sunday, October 18, 2015

New found body image.

For almost all my life I have been on the smaller scale of body sizing. I may not have always been the smallest but I was described as skinny. But here lately I have began noticing changes in my body.  My size small skirts, and dresses are starting to be tight and uncomfortable. Perhaps I am finally gaining the 15 pounds I should have gained in college or maybe my food choices are starting to in areas that I shouldn't want them to. Regardless of the reason I feel like I am faced with two options. One, work out, change my diet and eating habits to lose the extra weight I have gained or I could embrace the changes. 
I am choosing to embrace the changes. A crazy thought, yes, but I think it is important to realize that I am almost 25 years old and I no longer have the body of a 17 year old girl. The new curvy figure I'm quickly gaining should be celebrated and I do not want to make myself feel like I need to look a certain way. Yes, I believe in being heathy and maintaining a healthy life but I refuse to go back to being close to a stick. 
My body will change over the course of my life time and I do not want to waste my time trying to control something that is completely natural. 

No comments:

Post a Comment