Saturday, August 29, 2015

Having It Togther.

 It seems like here lately at my workplace, I have heard countless comments about "having it all together". The conversation always comes up when the "It" girl comes around. You should know her, the girl who smells as if dirt has never ever touched her body, looks as though she came out of the womb wearing make up, paper white teeth, brand new clothes...I could keep going on about how perfect she is but we all know her when we see her.
 I feel a little disdain when we all gather around to tell stories about how we will be like the girl who just passed by, and everyone else will want to be like us or assume we have it all together in our lives and  will be proud when we flash a smile. Is any of that real life? Sure, maybe these girls have the time to put themselves together before they walk out the door, but is that really all there is to them? Good looks? We never sit around and discuss how the "It" girl looks so great because she worked for it. Or is a career girl who really puts forth an effort to be the best she can be.
 I always picture the same kind of life style for these girls. They have the time because someone is taking the time to make their life comfortable and they can be put together. Maybe, I'm wrong, maybe these girls are just so successful at life that their looks mirror it. I guess the real point or question I am trying to make is "Do I want to be these girls?" Do I really want to impress people when I walk by or would I rather try doing something  that was impressive?  It's hard to answer.
 Perhaps this is the fallout of graduating college and not really doing what you should have done after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment